Medical doctor, Neuroscientist
- Specializes in neuroscience, aging, and artificial intelligence .
- I love the moment when learning new knowledge makes the world seem more ordered.
- Born in 1991 in Japan. Graduated from Department of Medicine, the University of Tokyo (M.D., B.A.).
- After three years of clinical training, currently a Ph.D candidate at the University of Tokyo majoring in neuroscience, aging, and artificial intelligence (April 2018-).
- Played baseball for 14 years, love baseball!
- You can find the latest information about neuroscience , aging, and artificial intelligence on my Twitter. Please look at!
How to learn neuroscience: An introductory guide
Hello, my name is Daichi Konno.I'm a medical doctor and a Ph.D. student majoring in neuroscience and artificial intelligence at the University of Tokyo, Japan. I first became interested in neuroscience about 10 years ago (the first year of university), and it was four years ago that I decided to become a researcher.
4/2017 - 3/2018 Geriatric department, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Senior resident.
4/2015 - 3/2017 Nadogaya Hospital, Chiba, Japan, Junior resident.
4/2018 - (3/2022) Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Ph.D. candidate (Prof. Masahiro Akishita’s lab)
4/2018 - (3/2022) Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Exchange Research Student (Prof. Yuji Ikegaya’s lab)
4/2011 - 3/2015 Department of Medicine, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Senior Division (B.A.)
4/2009 - 3/2011 Department of Arts and Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Junior Division
4/2006 - 3/2009 Yonezawa Kojokan High School, Yamagata, Japan.
3/2015 National Board of Medicine, Registration No. 52796
- Konno, D., Nishimoto, S., Suzuki, T., Ikegaya, Y., Matsumoto, N. Multiple states in ongoing neural activity in the rat visual cortex. PLoS One, 16(8): e0256791., 2021. (link)
- Konno, D., Nakayama, R., Tsunoda, M., Funatsu, T., Ikegaya, Y., Sasaki, T. Collection of biochemical samples with brain-wide electrophysiological recordings from a freely moving rodent. J. Pharmacol. Sci., 140:313-316, 2019. (link)
(2) Review articles, textbooks
- Konno, D., Nursing Care Support Specialist Basic Textbook (8th Edition), International Longevity Center, Vol. 3, p.139-142
- Konno, D., Ikegaya, Y., Sasaki, T., Analysis of sleep/awake states and cortical local field potential signals in aging mice, 44th Japan Neuroscience Congress (Kobe), July 28-31, 2021, poster presentation
- Konno, D., Suzuki, T., Matsumoto, N., Ikegaya, Y., Multiple attractors in ongoing neural activity in the rat visual cortex, 2nd Brain Science Salon "Brain and AI" (online), October 10, 2020, poster presentation
- Konno, D., Suzuki, T, Matsumoto, N., Ikegaya, Y., Discrete diffusion pattern of spontaneous neural activity in rat visual cortex, 43rd Japan Neuroscience Congress (online), July 29-August 1, 2020, poster presentation (Awarded)
- Konno, D., Matsumoto, N., Suzuki, T., Ikegaya, Y, Deep learning-based classification for rat visual cortical electrocorticogram, Society for Neuroscience2019 (Chicago), October 21, 2019, poster presentation
- Konno, D., Nakayama, R., Ikegaya, Y., Sasaki, T., Multi-regional measurement of brain waves from a single animal and development of brain tissue sample collection method, 42nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Neuroscience Society (Niigata), July 25, 2019, poster presentation
- Konno, D., Nakayama, R., Ikeya, Y., Sasaki, T., Simultaneous collection of multidisciplinary brain activity records and brain samples from rodents under free movement, Next Generation Brain Project Winter Symposium 2018 (Tokyo), December 2018, poster presentation
1/2018 - 3/2018 Attendance at Nico-Nico AI School
9/2018 AI specialized incubation base KERNEL HONGO admission
7/2019 Participation in RIKEN Summer School "Contrast and Fusion of Artificial Intelligence and Brain Science"
8/2019 Participation in "Tutorial Workshop on Free Energy Principles of the Brain", National Institute for Physiological Sciences
9/2019 - 7/2020 RIKEN Brain Science School students
11/2019 Participation in Autumn School ASCONE 2019 " Brain Science and the Future of Mathematics" (Tutor)
8/2020 Participation in Matsuo Laboratory Summer School "Deep Generative Model"
2/2021 Participation in BrainTech Seminar (Presenter)
3/2021 Participation in Matsuo Laboratory Summer School "Natural Language Processing"
- Japan Neuroscience Society
- Society for Neuroscience
- Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
- Japan Geriatrics Society
- Japan Dementia Society
Bora Bora island, Tahiti
Masai Mara National Park, Kenya
My hometown, Japan
Queenstown, New Zealand
John Hancock Center, Chicago